Creating a comfort zone at home is key to better sleep, whether you have fibromyalgia or not. It's all about easing into bedtime feeling relaxed -- and staying relaxed so you sleep through the night.
These 10 tips can help people sleep better:
- Enjoy a soothing (warm) bath in the evening.
- Brush your body with a loofah or long-handled brush in the bath.
- Ease painful tender points with a self-massage device (like a tennis ball).
- Do yoga and stretching exercises to relax.
- Listen to calming music.
- Meditate to tame intrusive thoughts and tension.
- Sleep in a darkened room. Try an eye mask if necessary.
- Keep the room as quiet as possible (or use a white-noise machine).
- Make sure the room temperature is comfortable.
- Avoid foods that contain caffeine, including teas, colas, and chocolate.